View Single Post
Old 30-09-2023, 19:30   #934
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Of course it isn’t.

Fox overstepped the line, it was odious and Misogynistic. Anyone that tries to defend him or Wooton is an imbecile.

All of that said. None of what I have said above in anyway means the channel should be shut down.

(It also wasn’t a “news broadcast” is was an opinion show.)

And that the BBC had Adam Boulton and some Tory MP on saying that it should be shut down is telling.

I don’t like Fox, never seen Wooton to form an opinion, but I do like to watch GB News Breakfast, Headliners & Free speech nation.

Just because some renta-gob mouths off does mean a channel should be cancelled, I can understand the whataboutism but it’s not necessary, if GB news was to be should down by the government……I’m not sure that’s the kind of thing a western democratic government should be considering.

No laws broken, broadcasting standards may have been breached which can be addressed but the ultimate arbiter is the viewer, and GB news has healthy viewing figures.
An opinion based programme or discussion programme on a news channel is clearly a news broadcast. It could hardly be described as comedy.

Ofcom are the ultimate arbiter on whether broadcasting standards have been breached. GB News - as their employer - similarly have a role in determining whether Fox or Wooton have breached the reasonable standards they expect. The latter has acted decisively, and that is to be welcomed.

The fact viewers watch is neither here nor there.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote