Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:39   #71
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
How is your car insurance, your house & contents insurance, your life insurance, and your holiday insurance?
I get the point there but the analogy doesn't really work, nor do many analogies you can pull off it.

You have to insure your car, you don't have to insure holidays or homes, though it's a good idea to.

If you're trying to equate having holiday insurance to wearing a mask, then is there a situation where someone going on holiday with no insurance can get themselves in a situation where the lack of insurance causes them an issue on holiday and their situation directly causes a situation for others who are on holiday whether they have insurance or not. That's an equivalent analogy to someone who has covid and goes somewhere without a mask on and infects other people (which will happen whether or not they are wearing a mask), It doesn't happen and though mask wearing, like holiday insurance, is a good idea for now at least.

Insuring your car does protect others though because your insurance won't need to pay out if you have an accident which isn't your fault, it will be the other party's. But I still don't see the direct parallel between any of this and mask wearing.

If they were really bothered about getting tabs on omicron they would be encouraging people to do LFTs before leaving the house, if they test positive then you need to isolate until confirmed by PCR, which they'd then have to sequence. In that case, there's probably less need for masks anyway if these people have tested negative.

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote