View Single Post
Old 26-05-2021, 18:08   #12
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Firefox new (sh) rework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Yes ddg is duck duck go a search engine . Had a message from monzilla say as l use ddg l need to look at the new Firefox .Have no idea what the rest was about. Have ff set to auto up date ,no sure if I should disable it. Was hoping someone here might have some knowledge about it .Guess clearly you don't . Never mind
I do know. I know DuckDuckGo is a search engine but clearly you do not know it also has its own browser. I wrongly assumed due to how you worded your initial post that you had opted to use the DDG Browser instead of its search engine in someone else's browser

There is plenty of info online about Firefox 89 and what is does

Here is a link to the DDG Browser APK just to show you I do know what I am talking about. Never mind

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_GB&gl=US

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Info on the new "Proton" interface has been out there for a while(February), although I wasn't aware of it until now.

If you search for "firefox new interface", you will find reviews. Even one using DuckDuckGo.
Link

Looks like the search bar may be removed as that is where the option for DuckDuckGo currently is, but you can still enter the website address for the search engine.
I imagine there will be a setting that allows you to select your search engine rather than in the drop down menu as it is now. Would be daft of them not make it easy seeing as the whole point of the rebuild is to make it easier to use

Just downloaded and tested the beta on Windows Sandbox and in that version the search engine settings are in the same place. It is just easier to get to ie the menu is a lot neater

Last edited by Jaymoss; 26-05-2021 at 18:15.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote