View Single Post
Old 17-11-2022, 14:26   #10
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: pc getting slow , would really appreciate your recommdations please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Definately upgrade the RAM to atleast 8GB.

SSD will speed things up too.
8GB is the max the board takes. Seeing as it is not silly expensive I would definitely upgrade to that

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
SSD will speed it up, if you use it as your main disk.
Reinstall the OS on it, or move the OS to it, their are utilities that can do this.
This is assuming you have at least Windows 7, anything before that doesnt handle SSD so well.
I use backupper. Will clone the disk or take a system image to put on the new disk.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Wow all you guys have so much Ram...... Im glad I can get by with 56.8 Megs! (Its 64 Megs but 8 are reserved for the monitor video)

I guess its because windows uses the swap file if it needs more.. (And it does as sometimes I see that file huge)
you do know the swap file is stupidly slow compared to ram plus you are likely running a stupidly slow PATA hard drive