Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2021, 21:01   #1517
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wonder if morphing Eurosport into the Discovery brand is a precursor to putting Eurosport onto Discovery+? Maybe it will be standalone or a discount will be available if both genres are purchased??

Some years ago I was privy to a document that showed that the eventual aim was for Discovery to close all their linear channels, apart from one, which would be used to showcase their content which would only be available on their own streaming service.

There was no mention of Eurosport.

Since then Discovery+ has been created, where all new content is shown first, and FTA channels have been created.
As these rely on ad revenue, I can't see them closing these, but i've no idea what they will do.
Eurosport was temporarly on Discovery+ during the olympics.