View Single Post
Old 13-05-2021, 14:54   #897
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

I can't see what the French are arguing about in the Jersey licence.
https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDoc...0Schedule2.pdf

There's no point in providing a selective quote as there's nothing to compare it with.

The EU/UK Cooperation agreement says the following on page 274 (my emphasis):
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/re...X-1-PART-1.PDF

Quote:
1. By derogation from Articles FISH.8(1) and (3) to (7) [Access to waters], FISH.9 [Compensatory measures in case of withdrawal or reduction of access] and Annex FISH.4 [Protocol on access to waters], each Party shall grant vessels of the other Party access to fish in its waters reflecting the actual extent and nature of fishing activity that it can be demonstrated was carried out during the period beginning on 1 February 2017 and ending on 31 January 2020 by qualifying vessels of the other Party in the waters and under any treaty arrangements that existed on 31 January 2020.
Quote:
"qualifying vessel" means, in respect of fishing activity carried out in waters adjacent to the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey, the Isle of Man or a Member State, any vessel which fished in the territorial sea adjacent to that territory or that Member State on more than 10 days in any of the three 12 month periods ending on 31 January on, or between, 1 February 2017 and 31 January 2020;
For certain, the "qualifying vessels" were licensed in according with the Agreement's requirements, "demonstration" being key to what has actually transpired.

From my reading, the row about the conditions of the licence hinges on the term "extent and nature". The Agreement is otherwise silent on the conditions (unless thare is something about allocation of stocks that would take the rest of my life to fathom in the Agreement).

Seems to me that the French fishermen don't like the effects of Brexit. Sod 'em. The EU should have thought of that before creating conditions that drove us out.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote