View Single Post
Old 26-08-2020, 00:06   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: House phone goes to answer phone after 4 rings.

It's a shame you have to phone up VM to change the number of rings. I agree, it does seem less rings these days.

Even though we've got an answer machine built-in the voicemail picks it up virtually every time it rings long enough not to be picked up. The answer machine hardly gets used as a result.

Don't know where you were getting the £100+ figure from Vince they start at the level of the one spiderplant mentions and on average are between £25-£55 for the fancier ones. You often get multiple handsets for that kind of money too. I'm not saying you can't spend £100, it's just not typical.

I recommend one with a call blocker. There are different levels of sophistication, but most work by letting through everyone you add to the phone list and acting as an intermediary for everyone else, the person leaves their name and asks you if you want to let them speak to you. That gets rid of most of the spam calls. The line needs Caller ID for these systems to work though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote