View Single Post
Old 31-12-2004, 00:01   #7
iron25
Inactive

iron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful one
Re: Do i need a router?

The fact that the direction is outgoing looks like it's some sort of spyware or trojan that has hijacked a file and is trying to connect to something. Alot of spyware & trojan programs rename system files and then create their own versions with the same name so it looks like it is a normal windows file that is trying to communicate. Do a search in google with the file name, the ip/host address and port to see if there is any sort of spyware or trojans that do what you pc is doing.

I had a similar problem sometime ago with a friends pc where some spyware had hijacked some system files. I ran a virus checker & spyware checker on the machine and nothing was picked up. To fix the problem I had to boot into safe mode, use the dos attrib command to find the file, remove it and also delete the registry entries. It was a bugger to fix but I cleaned it eventually.

Your problem could be that you are already infected with something. Look at task manager to see what is running, it's usually pretty obvious if anything dodgy is running.

If you're not sure, post a screen print of your task manager so we can see what is running.
iron25 is offline   Reply With Quote