View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 10:00   #9
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: I need to have 2 Ethernet connections

If it's just the TV to connect to the router and WiFi isn't an option you can possibly use powerline where you send ethernet over your mains. How well that works would depend on your mains circuits.

An alternative is to use WiFi repeaters to get the WiFi signal to your TV. If the WiFi signal is OK but the TV doesn't support WiFi then you can use a WiFi bridge or an old router in bridge mode. That will provide WiFi to the router and ethernet to your TV.

The final option is to run ethernet from the router to the TV. This takes more work but could be worth it. You could also then put a wireless access point downstairs to give a better WiFi signal in that part of the house. This could also be a repurposed router.

You can get cheaper, older model routers fairly easily and many will already have the facility to setup as bridge or access point.

If you need a Virgin box away from the router you hopefully already have the VM coax to both locations and then it will again be just routing the ethernet, if you don't have the coax to both locations you will need to get VM to do that.