Thread: UK Timeline Day of the Triffids
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2009, 00:03   #30
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Day of the Triffids

It's a good story although somewhat done to death over the years. What is the score so far? Two major movies, Three or Four TV adaptations?

I'm enjoying this latest effort although I feel the whole thing descends into the realm of the rediculous every time a Triffid comes into shot.

Come on Guys, come up with a convincing Triffid, you've surely had enough practice at it by now.

Personally I think it is "the walking/shuffling" that lets them down. I think a static plant that can propagate like wildfire via windbourne spores, with the ability to establish itself almost anywhere, lamp posts, walls etc, a bit like Ivy does. Rather than a whip lash I think a dart might be a better vehicle for the sting.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote