Thread: VM TV Outage
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 16:37   #81
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Various channels went off air tonight on multiple platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
What still isn't resolved?
Sorry, I missed this when you posted. It's a process, C4 started moving back in the second half of November with various changes taking place over a couple of weeks. At the end of November, C5 started their migration back to RBM, turning the DR logo back on for services from their back up facility. As far as the public is concerned, that's the bulk of services back to where they should be. As I said though, it's a process. Fine tuning of the systems continues and the enormity of the problem means that work schedules for the broadcasters have been torn up and rewritten several times. Hopefully, there won't be any further significant issues. If there are, it's handy to be able to report them in the original thread.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
yeah , main headend moved over to a DR headend to restore service , the encryption changed to a different key server which needed a kick . So the broadcast was all good but no one could descramble anything and we couldn't put the services out in the clear unfortunately, this was kicked around 6-7 pm if i remember correctly
Thanks for that information. Services being restored with 1 month old data was a good indication of being moved over to DR. Yeah, boxes being unable to decrypt was quite a nightmare for a while.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote