View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 09:16   #46
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Nightmare of a night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
A follow up to this.

If things can't get any worse.

The other day my dad had problems with the TiVo remote as he couldn't remember what to press and as he was stress he couldn't get his words out, but he calmed down and was OK.

On Wednesday my sister was talking to him and his speech started to stutter (He had a stutter when he met my mum, but she managed to get him to control it) so my sister said to call 999, which I did, they turned up and did the stroke tests but this didn't seem to be the case, they managed to speak to our GP and arranged for a District Nurse to come and take bloods.

She arrived at 10:30 and did the bloods, just before 6pm I had just taken some baguettes out of the oven when the Dr called and said one of the tests was positive for a clot, and we should go to A&E straight away.

So sitting in A&E waiting (While there a guy was bought in who clearly had Covid-19, but was whisked away).

A doctor saw us, and he believes my dad had a transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or "mini stroke", which based on the stress in the last year I'm not surprised, he said that an appointment will be made for us to go to Romford's Queens hospital for a scan and gave us some Aspirin to help, we didn't get home until midnight.

So now we play the waiting game.
Hope everything is ok. Fwiw my Mother has had a few TIAs, effects were temporary in her case and she seems to recover from them. Hard to really tell as she has dementia anyway.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote