Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 20:17   #5774
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
There’s zero chance of this. The data simply doesn’t support it.

If anything he will be throwing a bone your way by inventing some easement as yet never mentioned and put it under the banner of “progress towards freedom” and throw in some generic wartime references for good measure.
Does the data show a particularly worrying upsurge in hospitalisations, then? I thought they were relatively flat.

What I would like to see is an abandonment of the legal requirement to wear masks and socially distance. That will enable businesses that are suffering or unable to open to get back on their feet. They have limited impact on transmission anyway, particularly during the summer.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
For all the difference it will make. I paid a brief visit to Englandshire this week and I was shocked at the high level of mask refuseniks amongst the great unwashed, shuffling around Morrison’s next door to my hotel. For some people this whole global pandemic malarkey is just yesterday’s news.
I will celebrate with a mask-burning barbecue when this ridiculous legislation is finally abandoned.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The state broadcaster and the Daily Mail are already running their delay stories if you believe the Government are laying the groundwork for bad news.
Or maybe the media is simply sensationalising, yet again.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
A delay in full withdrawal has been obvious for a week or more, the only question is how long for, and what (if anything) will be lifted on Jun 21.
Clearly, that is not the only question. It’s more complicated than this, and the scientists are going into apocalyptic mode. It must be the stress of it all.