View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 11:51   #106
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This information about the online rape has subsequently come out since the BBC initially reported it, thank God it wasn't a real little girl as was first reported.

Hopefully this will prompt a change in the law as nobody should be exposed to this whatever their age.

The forthcoming age verification system will help to keep children out of adult environments and adults out of environments intended for children.
Since the game in question is specifically for those over the age of eighteen years old and has the personal boundaries function to be explicitly disabled what else would you have them do ?

Too many parents buy their children adult/mature games such as CoD & GTA V which in the U.K. both carry an 18 rating as they think it’s ’just a game’

Software developers and games companies can put in age verification all they want but if a parent is going to buy them the game then they’re more than likely going to give them a eg a credit card to verify their ID which btw is completely useless as an identity factor on its own.

The simple fact is this, protection of children starts with, and is the primary responsibility of the parent(s) be that not purchasing the game for them, ensuring internet access is controlled and supervised etc.

Just for S&G i rang my local police force this morning told them that I had been playing CoD had been teabagged and considering the news I wanted to report a sexual assault. After the laughter stopped they told me that there was no offence…….