View Single Post
Old 17-05-2009, 20:48   #996
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Can I ask what you are using, I installed the Synergy thing in Steam (that seems to have Coop) be damned if I can get any friends into the game. I am in HL2.

How did you get it to work?
I played with a couple but am using the one you said which is Synergy. The problem is it does not give you the server address right so heres what to do.

1. Write down your IP address.
2. Create a server and remember which port you have said to use.
3. Once server is up tell your friend to type into the console "connect" followed by your ip and the port you choose so for example it would look like this - Connect 11.22.33.44:27015
4. Enjoy playing together

Also your server should show in the list eventually so you could get your friend to look that way but I found it was a bit hit and miss. if you do do it this way make sure they unclick the box that says "show maps" or something like that as if its ticked it does not show any servers for some reason.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote