View Single Post
Old 24-04-2014, 22:33   #1
mrsdsk
Inactive

Services: TV, broadband, landline and mobiles
mrsdsk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Charged for texts abroad

Hi there! I am new and hoping someone can give me some advice. All 3 of my children have virgin mobiles, all of which were due contract renewals in March which we did. My husband pays for 2 of the bills and I pay the other.

So, when my hubby received the first bill, we were shocked to see that instead of the £16 it should have been, it was over £50!! When he looked at the bill he noticed that there were a large number of texts to two mobile numbers in Romania. We know our daughter has not sent these texts and there are no texts to these numbers in the phone history.

So when we phoned virgin to explain, we were told that the texts had come from that phone and we had to pay the bill. Virgin even rang the numbers in question to find both no longer connected. So we paid the bill. Her bill this month is normal.

However when hubby received my son's bill this month, lo and behold the same 2 numbers appeared and the same £50 odd bill. So he contacted virgin once more to be told the same thing. And they couldn't go back and check daughters bill from last month to correlate the information, as they don't keep them long enough.

We are struggling financially like everyone else and an coming to my wits end with this issue. Virgin seem very unwilling to help us or even investigate this problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
mrsdsk is offline   Reply With Quote