View Single Post
Old 27-03-2023, 19:31   #4297
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’d venture to suggest that a huge number of the post-2014 new members were engaged in little more than online virtue signalling, given the ease of joining online, and how low the initial membership fee was. Before the referendum there were just 20,000 members, though I suspect most of them were politically engaged to some degree. Having formally lost more than a third of their peak membership it seems they’re likely to lose a chunk more once they remember to cancel their direct debits.

The vote split is I suspect very revealing of where Scotland really is, culturally and socially. If Humza Useless hadn’t been very overtly the establishment candidate I suspect Forbes would have done better still, and could have won it.

Whatever, it’s settled now. We’re in for a couple of years of the same old, same old, and then probably quite a difficult election for the SNP.
I am guessing that Forbes, being rooted in Old Testament thinking re: LGBT+, probably alienated enough of the younger SNP support to ensure she lost. Saying that, depending where Humza is aligned in the Islamic theology spectrum, he may not be far behind.

If these two are the best that the SNP can do then its fun time for Labour for the next GE ...