Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 15:39   #4694
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Only in the absence of other vaccines. Ideally you'd get non-AZ, and not care what everyone else gets as long as they get one.

Just wondering: Are all three approved vaccines still considered 100% effective against serious illness? If not, any difference probably outweighs the blood clot risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph
Britain will achieve herd immunity on Monday
How convenient!
Source material for the herd immunity claim - lots of caveats...

Quote:
Much like long-term weather forecasts, the ensuing predictions should not be taken too seriously because there is an inherent (although quantified) uncertainty about underlying epidemiological and socio-behavioural variables.
Quote:
The current estimates of the herd immunity threshold show that it has risen substantially since last July and is predicted to fall again during the spring. Clearly, there is a substantial amount of uncertainty about these long-term forecasts — as indicated by the wide credible intervals. Part of this uncertainty is due to the fluctuations in transmission risk and mobility.
https://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/co...ing_040421.pdf

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Actually no I don't. All my doctor wants to do is prescribe me numerous tablets based on the rather shady 5 minute 'telephone consultation' that is the norm nowadays. I haven't seen a doctor in a year - in fact I'm close to telling the practice to get stuffed and simply use the hospital casualty dept. instead

I guess you could also call me an expert in 'not believing everything an expert says', although I've never published any papers on it
Sorry to hear you’ve got a duff medic - never good.

Can’t you change doctor/practice?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-04-2021 at 15:45.