View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 08:47   #68
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: E10 petrol - the pitfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
For something like a lawnmower, where you only need a few litres. its not hard or expensive.
All you do is mix it with water, shake, leave, and drain away the water. However, its not really practical to keep doing it to fill a car.
It’s great that you’re not spending money on equipment or consumables to do the separation, however if you get all the ethanol out, you end up with only 90% of the fuel you paid for.

On average, premium unleaded is 10p a litre more than regular E10 but at current prices, removing the ethanol leaves you short of 15p worth of your E10. Yes it’s only 5p but even for a lawnmower it hardly seems worth doing the chemistry.

I dunno maybe it’s just me. I started putting premium in mine last season. No stress no fuss … it actually seemed to sound happier, although that’s not saying much for my knackered old machine. Then we moved house and I left it behind anyway. I have a smaller lawn and an electric mower now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote