View Single Post
Old 18-07-2023, 13:51   #11382
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think the only objection might come from the rights holders who might seek to take back control of their rights in the event of a change of ownership. I don't think the competition authorities would be too concerned as most sports fans' complaints are that there are too many sports services, not too few.

However, would it be financially worthwhile for WBD? I doubt it. The only interested buyers I can envisage are DAZN and at a pinch, the previous owners of Premier Sports.
I’d imagine if the UK operation is sold in full, with subscriber base, the contracts will be watertight enough that the rights move to the new owner.

With so many “deep pockets” streamers out there looking to develop their offerings it’d be foolish to not write up the possibility that a bigger player hoovers them up for the day in, day out content.

Obviously if they cease operating that’s a different kettle of fish.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote