Thread: Snow !
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 13:54   #1478
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Well, after nearly 4 hours of hot air blast from our 3kW heater the scullery finally thawed out. I came back in to find hot water pouring merrily down the sink. At the same time I was trying to: block off air bricks with sheets of A4; drain some hot water from pipes near radiator to encourage frozen bit to melt; assisting jump starting neighbours car; checking our two cars would fire up (Mrs A's locks were frozen) and clearing / defrosting mine. The radiator wouldn't unblock until I gave it 20mins of blast from the heater under the floorboards. Luckily, there is an access hatch nearby.

The washer seems to have survived okay - touch wood. I ran a quick cycle and loads of muck came out but there were no leaks. It appears the water came from next door's scullery where they'd had a burst pipe.

Unions seem fine except for the one containing the bleed valve. There's a little seepage from one side where I've been flexing it trying to make the cold water run downhill. One other advantage of plastic pipes is there are very few joints.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote