View Single Post
Old 23-08-2021, 01:49   #13
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Renew with o2 or go with virgin media....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yes Vince you are an idiot, you said you used to upgrade every year and you are still paying for the privelidge. A SIM only deal from O2 with unlimited calls, texts and data is £30 pm. You can get the same for £20 from smarty.

You are paying £55 a month for a new phone every year and then giving them your old one! I'm sorry but how stupid is that???

Put £50 a month in a savings account,get a new phone when you feel you need one, put your old phone back to factory settings, get an unlock code if needed (they have to supply it free at end of contract) and sell it on Ebay. You'll end up quids in

@gaz82 the deal with Vodaphone was signed in 2019.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...ew-mobile-deal

ahhahaha i agree with all this so i hold my hands up and own it.

in regards to some of the other questions i've noticed: is virgin media that expensive compared to other networks? They seem quite reasonable to me!

I pay 105 quid for virgin media but that includes sky movies, sky sports, premier sports etc and TV XL and fastest broadband etc. Again i'm willing to be called an idiot with this...i've been through retentions and that was the best i was offered so i'll need to be trained up here if i can make more savings with what i need to say.

Basically im thinking of getting a new contract shortly. o2 are letting me upgrade 2 months early to the current Iphone and i can make 280 quid on my old phone via recycling it. My thoughts are im no longer that bothered about having the latest model and secondly if i can recycle it before the new iphone is announced i'd make more money and be on a cheaper contract anyway...

Plus arent there rumours about a shortage for the new Iphone due to shortage of microchips? Could I however get a better deal with o2 by hanging on until deadline day? Will i get begging offers from them including ipads etc?

EE has better 5G coverage in my area but since i have broadband at home and o2 have 5G in the city where i work it doesnt seem that much of an impact.

Again anymore advice is appreciated and im quite happy to be called a ****** as i have been hahahaha

Last edited by vincerooney; 23-08-2021 at 01:53. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote