View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 16:10   #40
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Heaven forbid that the party in power for nearly 14 years should be challenged on its record ...

Incidentally, and contrary to popular belief, a ridiculously large number of creative and news staff at BBC Scotland are raving separatists. I can assure you I have first hand knowledge of this. The idea that BBC Scotland is somehow biased against the SNP is nonsensical, and drawn entirely from nationalists’ incomprehension and rage against being challenged at all.

Whatever the arguments for separation, there is a significant portion of the nationalist movement for whom its an article of religious faith. To them, any form of challenge is bias.
Nothing against holding parties to account - I'm only pointing out to Andrew that the May election is far from a done deal. That said if these things are newsworthy now it's certainly questionable from an ethical journalism perspective to hold on to them until pre-election.

While I'm sure all workplaces have a mixed crowd the impartiality of the BBC Scotland News editorial line is certainly open to question. As you say though bias, like beauty, can often be in the eye of the beholder.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote