View Single Post
Old 26-07-2022, 08:19   #5681
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I really think you're overthinking it believing pretty mundane decisions to be the result of wokeism.

I don't think the male characters are weak, they're just a bit bumbling. Spiderman, Ironman, and Capitan America all are presented as strong characters both literally but also in terms of character. Marvel's style for a decade now though is to make them quippy and have moments of stupidity to try and make it lighter in tone and the characters relatable. It's a bit lazy of them but it isn't because of wokeism. Besides the bumbling male character has been a trope for decades.

Thor is more extreme but only because these are the more lighthearted of the Marvel films. Hemsworth intentionally brought in Taika Waititi to make this kind of film because he didn't want to play the serious Thor from the first film.

Marvel is trying to diversify their cast and outreach. Look at Ms Marvel, a show with a Pakistani-American hero that has the partition of India as a plot point, but that's a pretty healthy thing for them to do and also an economically sensible thing for them to do. Is that really woke? If it's justified by the plot and not shoehorned in for no reason? I don't think Marvel films do that.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote