Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2021, 06:28   #1320
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
They hven't said how much longer they will be on Sky - only still there from 1st September.

The question those wanting to know should not be "will CNN still be on Sky after 1st Sept 2021?" but should be "will CNN still be on Sky after 1st Jan 2022?"

They could close CNN on Sky on 8th Sept and would not have made a false claim.

I suspect they are just waiting for that carriage deal to expire as both BT and VM will have already been dropped by then.
CNN are actively promoting the carriage on Sky, listing it ahead of their own subscription service on their Twitter feed. I don't think anyone is claiming that CNN will be carried on Sky indefinitely. That can't realistically be claimed for any channel. The thing to watch out for in the near future is whether or not CNN becomes encrypted on Sky. That would be a good indication of a firm contract or waiting out an existing uplink contract. Obviously, dropping BT carriage isn't very important as the service which carried CNN is no longer being marketed.

---------- Post added at 06:28 ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 ----------

I've just heard that Sky Max (sid 524) & Sky Max HD (sid 2405) have now been added and are testing internally at Virgin. Video and Audio streams have also been added. At the moment, Greatest Hits Radio only exists as a label with no audio stream present.