View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 07:57   #10
paulr
Inactive

paulr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: GETTING FOBBED OFF BY SKY re Sky+

Hi Guys, thanks for your responses.

I forget now how many times I've had to bend over backwards behind the TV to turn it off at the mains, I've done it so many times. It does sort the problem but it retruns within a day or so. This is what they say do when I call them. The last time I called them i explained that I had enough of resetting the frigging thing every time I wanted it work properly, and hence I just leave it now. They offered nothing and when I said I wanted to complain they just gave me their postal address.(like I'd get a response to a letter)

Interestingly it did fix itself a couple of weeks ago for a day or so but then went back.

I said 6 months but maybe its 4 or 5 I dont know. I know it is coming to the end of it's warranty period of 12 months though. The annoying thing is
apart from this I've had no problems and it is a great system that worked perfectly for 6 months odd.
When they said it was a firmware problem I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and was glad the box wasn't faulty, but now they are really taking the pee.

I'll have a look at that article, I found another from 2002 when they first released the system they had so many problems that they gave some customers some money back. I think they should at least give a refund of some subs. To be honest thats what reallt got me, if I phone the bank and complain about their charges for long enough they are likely to give you some of it back, but these wan*ers, they don't offer you penny, just keep charging £45 quid odd and don't care.. .scandalous
paulr is offline   Reply With Quote