Thread: VNC Help
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2005, 00:48   #1
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
VNC Help

I'm running two boxes, one with Windows XP Pro and one with Mandrake Linux 10.
I want to remotely connect to the Linux desktop which I can happily do with TightVNC and it works fine, if a little slowly.
My question is, how would I get it to run the VNC server on startup?
Does anyone know how?

I need to be able to turn the Linux box on without any monitor or keyboard and just control it from my XP machine because it's mainly a web server.

BTW - If anyone knows of a better way to remotely log into the Linux desktop then please let me know, I did try cygwin but I couldn't get it to work.
I'm only asking because of the following screenshot, check out the CPU load on X Server!
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote