View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 23:14   #2861
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don’t disagree, the problem with the “general” shift in the political parties is that usual centre fight area. Labour have gone crazy left with the culture war stuff, then veered right with the working mans rights and also just failing to understand anyones thoughts outside of the M25. Whereas the Tory’s are just doing their best to squander all the goodwill they were given in 2019.

Labour, I would argue, are still behind - even after all the shit thrown at Boris - I would also argue that the longer Boris resists all that is thrown at him - the more he will gain.

There is, without doubt, a movement to oust Boris. A democratically elected PM ( that in my
opinion should be removed democratically) but his enemies don’t want that test……..I wonder why?

……….where have seen that before? Not a new move…………………

We will see the attack on Boris continue, hopefully he will stay the course, just to annoy people if nothing else.
I doubt that Starmer would want to start bringing up culture wars for fear of losing his party's growing broad appeal. Culture wars are a weapon favoured by Johnson, reliable pals in the right-wing press and of course shock jocks in need of viewers.

In what way do you define Labour as being behind?

In terms of seats held, yes of course though it looks like they could be getting three more soon! Although I think those MPs should seek re-election if they do defect to Labour.

In terms of polls they're consistently ahead as Johnson is clearly a spent force. Great salesman, orator and writer: Yes. Great Prime Minister: Nothing like, one of the worst.

In terms of Labour having known policies that people can buy into or out of, I agree that they're behind. There comes a time when you need to put your cards on the table and be confident with your hand.