View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 00:37   #10430
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
These were my thoughts on seven potential buyers: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...ostcount=10380

If a deal is done, I reckon DAZN or Disney are most likely.

Others felt Sky should not be ruled out as it would be keen to take out a competitor. Hoever, I think the Premier League could prevent this by making sure Sky was aware that it would re-auction BT's rights if that situation arose, which rights owners are able to do if the ownership of the broadcaster changes. (Change of control clause.)
Do we really think a streaming only channel will be keen to take on football rights in the UK without a standard channel on Sky/Virgin/BT? Even for a tenner that streaming channel with spanish/italian football completely collapsed within 6 months or so?

Amazon works because its on most smart tvs, firesticks, tv boxes, is a well known brand etc.

"Oh btw the new EPL stuff is on DAZN"
"DAZN....what the heck is DAZN"
"its streaming service for football?"
"how do i get it....i just want to watch the football?"
"well on your laptop you can cast from your pc/laptop or smartphone to a google chromebox for example!"
"what?"
"or a ps4/x box app which has just been released"
"what....."
"its on apple tv"
"oh forget it!!"
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote