View Single Post
Old 25-10-2021, 13:20   #439
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Pay per view boxing is not a streaming phenomenon- it’s been with us for years. I don’t think sport will ever be sold cheaply, whether by way of conventional broadcasting or by streaming. However, if you only watch one kind of sport (eg football) I believe that this will end up cheaper than Sky.

The cheaper TV via streaming I have been on about has really been all about drama, news and documentaries rather than sport and I acknowledge that it is a lot less clear how prices will turn out there. I think that those who like watching a range of different sports may be the ones to lose out, but it all depends on which providers pick up the most sports rights.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

I see even streaming providers such as Roku are vulnerable to channel disputes.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...roku-platform/
In other words you’re only likely to “win” if you want to subscribe to a single supplier and only consume the limited content you can get there.

For those of us who have become accustomed to rich and diverse range of content from a range of content makers we will lose out in the long run.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote