View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 16:39   #573
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I'm out of contract next month so I rang this morning to see what they could offer me. Got through to UK Retentions in two rings at 8.15am. Helpful guy told me the full price for Volt then offered me 18 months for £75/m, cheaper than my current deal. I accepted. I know there is likely be a price rise next spring but I've now got the lowest price I've had for my services in 25 years so I'll swallow that.
Seriously looked at Sky Stream but to match the services we currently get that came in at unaffordable £145/m for similar bundle with dribble-speed broadband.
Three weeks on and I'm a Sky customer. Why the change of heart? Quite simple - Virgin never sent me any documents detailing the price I agreed with Retentions, and when I rang after two weeks to check what my next bill would be I found that there was no record of the deal. Worse, they couldn't match the price I had been given and told me the best they could do was £95/m.
I rang Sky, got a deal for £65/m for a pair of Sky Stream pucks, Sky Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, 68Mb broadband etc. The pucks were in, up and running the next day, the broadband installation will take another week.
Yesterday a lady from Virgin rang to confirm we wanted to transfer our phone number to Sky. She then offered me all our existing Virgin services for £55/m. I told her what had previously happened and how I felt I could no longer trust Virgin Media offers made over the phone. If they could offer a price like that, why was I told they couldn't and it would be £95/m?
So I'm now a happy Sky customer. It may turn sour and I might return to Virgin at some point but the way I feel about the company right now, I seriously doubt it.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote