View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 15:33   #324
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There's a difference between treating someone with respect and respecting them as an individual. Your comment applies to the latter, but not the former IMO.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

The reasoning behind it is because certain minority and disadvantaged groups are more likely to be discriminated against, targeted or treated less favourably because of the protected group that they belonged to. As society wishes to stamp this out, this is deemed to be worse than a random attack and the punishments are more severe.

I agree that everyone should be protected against unacceptable behaviour, but an elderly or disabled person for example, is likely to suffer more severely than a young able bodied person and less likely to be able to defend themselves.
What is the difference - people earn respect, it shouldn't just be given (that's different from being polite to everyone, which I think you should, unless they have given reason for not to be polite).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote