View Single Post
Old 20-07-2023, 08:50   #2183
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...fety-bill.html

Whoops some of the Bill might not make it.
That is good news and they have highlighted what as been seen as a major problem of the bill

Quote:
Under Clause 9(2(a), tech companies are required to “prevent users encountering” any illegal content. The only way to ensure that they are prevented, is to stop it ever appearing on the platform in the first place (the economics of the internet mean you can only viably do this via automation / AI). This is said to represent “a sea change in the way public communication and debate are regulated in this country“.

As well as being potentially unlawful, these proposals threaten the free speech of millions of people in the UK. It is yet another example of the government expecting Parliament to pass a law without filling in the detail.
I have said all along that this bill will threaten free speech. I feel sorry for forums that are run by a small team who will have to check every single post before it goes live on there forum. To be honest it will kill a lot of forums off which is a shame.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote