View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 15:30   #20
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Time to Spring Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I was helping out one of my Dad's friends at the weekend and noticed a few things that I'd mention in this thread for other people to bare in mind.

Fans:

I was checking his machine and saw the temperatures were really high. Turned out one of his fans wasnt working. I always find it a good idea to take your side panel off at times and just make sure all your fans are spinning properly.

The PC was in this cabinet where the PC was pushed right to the back.
There is really no point in having many fans in your machine if there is no air space round your PC. You need room for it to breath.
I open our pc's up at least once every 2-3 months to clean the trapped dirt/ dust out of it and to make sure the fans are running and are actually clean. A dirty fan is an unbalanced one and it won't spin properly It's also a good idea to make sure the grills on the power supply unit are clean and any air vent slots are clear.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote