View Single Post
Old 20-12-2021, 14:32   #1053
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
Free speech means speech without control that people can say whatever they want we no longer have that and the number of things that people can no longer say is growing. I despise both extremes in politics but as much as I despise them they should be free to spout their ideology so I can oppose it and respond to it. No when it comes to speech the majority should be the deciding factor because minorities being minorities are too numerous and to placate them all could leave very little.
Then under your definition of free speech the UK, and everywhere else, has never had free speech.

Are you suggesting that those who were traced after making racially abusive comments to those three football players should not have been dealt with for this? If so, thank heavens we don't have a 'say whatever you like' version of free speech.

You wouldn't be the only one to think like this though, Matthew Wright is on record as saying that he believes that free speech should have no controls whatsoever.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29

This article looks at the call to get rid of online anonymity as a way to prevent inappropriate comments:

https://aeon.co/essays/curtailing-an...g-online-abuse

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-12-2021 at 14:39.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote