View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 08:17   #8
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: New PC Build Enquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
I got a Nvidia 1080 atm but when I can afford the prices will be getting a 4080

---------- Post added at 07:42 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

That's good to know the probs are fixed, I will be using a liquid cooler to cool the chip.
It was the SoC voltage that was set too high for those chips. The new BIOS changed that to now be under 1.30v. Cooling them with whatever wouldn't have made any difference as far as I know. But at least it seems to be fixed.

The 4080 is a nice card, I went for the 4090 for a bit of future proofing (if there's such a thing). My last PC lasted me 9 years (I had the 1080 too) and I hope this one lasts anywhere near as long.

Obiously with a new build with something like a 4080 you'll need to change your monitor as well, my last monitor was only 1080p 60hz, so had to fork out another £500+ for a M28U otherwise my new PC would have been pointless.

That said going from 1080p 60hz to 4k 144hz is really something I can tell you.