View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 16:31   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
2019 boxoffice stats

As we are just past the half way point of the year I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the highest grossing films so far for this year. You have got to laugh that the current top 5 all fall under the Disney umbrella and they have still got Lion King, Frozen 2 and Star Wars to come which will all gross over $1bn. A couple of films will make you cringe. Up and till recently Wandering Earth was in the top 3 and you just want to bang you head against the wall and ask why oh why There are some films that haven't done so well such as Dark Phoenix and MIB and despite their modest box office revenue they had very high production budgets making them a bit of a flop. In contrast, films such as John Wick have done very well because although they haven't been massive, they had surprisingly low production budgets making them very profitable.

All in all I think we have had a good year so far but I think it is more about the big hitters. Last year I felt there were consistently high quality films evenly distributed throughout the year. The only films I have been really excited about this year were Captain Marvel, Endgame and the Lion King. We have still got a few good ones to look forward to like Charlies Angels, Angel has Fallen and Terminator but that is it really. (and yes, I have deliberately left Star Wars out because I have absolutely zero excitement for it).

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote