View Single Post
Old 21-09-2022, 11:48   #1911
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Taken from that. From the Guardian... (the link above doesn't work)

( https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...eenagers-death )

"Meta has uncovered 12,576 pieces of Instagram content seen by Molly in the six months before her death, while she had more than 15,000 engagements on Pinterest, including 3,000 saves, in the last six months of her life. During this period Molly was engaging with Instagram posts about 130 times a day on average. This included 3,500 shares during that timeframe, as well as 11,000 likes and 5,000 saves."

It's staggering the amount of time children spend on their phones or computers these days. It's a culture that seems to be the norm but is it or should it be acceptable? Sign of the times? Sad is what I call it.

I'm sure they can do more to change the algorithms, so if you do search or click on something and if it is flagged as 'harmful' then you don't get bombarded with similar information. That seems doable. But if you go in search of something purposefully then there's nothing anyone can do about it. There has to be some self-accountability / responsibility.

Is it sad or is it modern? Is it any different to reading a book? I say this in examples that I've had against me. For instance, I get told to get off my phone when I'm sunbathing around the pool on holiday, yet lots of people are sat there reading. Yet on my phone I can do multiple things, shop, read, play, listen and watch.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote