View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013, 21:06   #1414
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
I agree but isn't it a crazy way to do business. Why not give the person who wants to disconnect 50% off and save on the hardware and Installation costs.
Yes. Terrible. The reason we came to Virgin was because our old Sky HD box(we got a launch one in 2006) broke, this was 2009. They wanted £250 for a new one even though they give them out for free to new customers and we were one of the first customers to sign up to the HD when it came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Pretty much. He wasn't looking to leave, he was calling to see if there was any new offers of packages.

I found it strange they offered a package including just SKY Sports 1 & 2 when this isn't something they appear to currently offer via their website.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

I agree 100%

I switched to SKY for 50% off. My deal runs out in December. I did notice recently that Virgin had a 1 week special being 50% off for all new customers for 12 months. Through my work, Virgin are offering 9 months for half price plus £50.00 off my first bill.

I've still got both my V+HD box and my TiVo box. I tried to return them at my local parcel collection point but their scanner didn't recognise the bar code. I called Virgin 3 times to arrange uplift without success. I did get a visit from a field agent but I was out. I called his mobile a few times and left messages but never heard back from him. If I go back to Virgin I've still got my viewing cards, all the cables, my broadband hub and boxes. I could be up and running again within a phone call.
Virgin have 6months half price on all their collections been going on for ages.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote