View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 10:18   #59
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Contactless cards and the future of cash

Mobile and watch payments need to have another form of activation though in order for them to work even for within the contactless limit.

For Apple you have to wake your watch or do biometric ID on the phone. Android devices and watches need something similar most of the time (though sometimes it's as simple as making the phone is 'awake')

It's why you can now do higher transactions with two forms of verification from the PCI guidlines which are:

'Something you know, such as a password or passphrase. Something you have, such as a token device or smartcard. Something you are, such as a biometric.'

My bank Natwest have recently allowed me to manage contactless (along with other payment methods) on my debit card. This now matches the app-based card providers.

I'm hoping the next stage on this will be to allow me to set my own contactless limit below the default if I want to.

Last edited by BenMcr; 09-03-2021 at 10:22.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote