View Single Post
Old 24-05-2021, 23:40   #12
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Belarus accused of hijacking plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Old Boy, TheDaddy and I are all arguing that these two countries are so aligned that Putin's not going to take any action against Belarus. Putin was probably briefed on the operation. It doesn't mean that we wouldn't want him to take action against Belarus though.

As to what can be done, I don't think anyone has an answer yet. The work-around seems to be to avoid Belarus airspace and the long-term aim must be to encourage democracy to flourish throughout the world.
I've already suggested what can be done by removing Belavia from IATA and blacklisting all transport forms from Belarus into or over the EU etc.

As to Putin, I've suggested we try and then see what that brings, including incrimination.

Quote:
long-term aim must be to encourage democracy to flourish throughout the world.
Yeah right. That's like dealing with Putin!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote