Thread: Streaming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 22:21   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am not talking about the visual and aesthetics if Discovery, i am talking about the tone/attitude/behaviour of Pike. I loved who he was (is) and i want to see continuity. It is as if he is a completely different character in that trailer.
I don’t think he is - and I think Anson Mount is too accomplished an actor for that to happen. There’s nothing in that trailer that wasn’t in range for the character as seen in Discovery. They’re just dealing with different material. In Discovery, Pike’s enterprise was a sub-plot in a story arc dealing with an existential threat. That’s always going to tilt the material towards the grim. But it would be a mistake to draw too complete a conclusion about what sort of Pike we’re going to get just from that, or even to assume that’s how he *should* be. We’d end up with something a bit two dimensional in that case.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote