Thread: Streaming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 21:56   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I want it in the same tone or as they behaved in season 2 of Discovery; however you want to describe or categorise it.
Given the lengths they’ve gone to to kick Discovery into the long grass, and the fact that they latched on to the idea of Pike’s Enterprise as a way of making the Star Trek prequel everyone hoped for (but didn’t get) in 2017, I think the chances of them using Disco season 2 to orientate SNW are slim to none. They are setting a series IIRC less than a decade prior to TOS and are now well aware of fandom’s expectations around that. Aside from the visual reboot which they are stuck with (and probably couldn’t have avoided even in 2017 to be honest), the entire production design is obviously calling back to the 1960s. It looks to me as if the starting point is “if Star Trek had been made back then with the production tools we have now, what might it have looked like?” If they answer that question well, we’re in for a treat. But I really don’t think it’s going to look much like the franchise-salvaging stuff we got in Discovery 2.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote