View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 19:28   #22
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 1gb with Hub 4 modem only mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I think I have a similar issue to the OP. I have a new SH4 in modem mode connected to an Eero mesh router. The router reports a connection to the Internet of c.1Gb but my devices are only showing 600Mb connections.
Mr Spiderplant - will a factory reset resolve this? I’m confused as you say the fix is only for “some” SH4s
There was a fault where some SH4s wouldn't use all the downstream channels so they couldn't get the full 1Gbps. Instead they'd get a very consistent lower speed such as 380Mbps. A fix was deployed for this on Saturday, but there is some speculation that a factory reset may also be necessary. This is the fault I thought j0s0r had. However now they have posted SamKnows data showing they are getting 1145Mbps at the hub, that clearly isn't the problem. As others have said, j0s0r's problem is somewhere on the LAN side, and it sounds like your is too.

No harm in trying a factory reset though.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsinky View Post
Oh ok. Chances of 3 cables being dud are remote.
Don't rule it out, if they all came from the same source. I once had a box of 100 and they were all dud (the wrong pairs were twisted)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote