View Single Post
Old 17-08-2022, 09:00   #4086
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I didn’t claim otherwise.
You've said as much by suggesting that people on here hunt out negative news and promote it. The reality is different - the country is going through a tough time so there will be a lot of negative news around to discuss. Even today the news is about double digit inflation, the last time we had that was back in 1982. Your fellow Conservatives have said that you need to be more critical of the PM candidates.

You'll find that where there is good news like the new Covid vaccine approval, people will generally be discussing it positively.

If our politicians are perceived to be lacking, lazy or misleading the public then expect them to be called to account. And expect those in power making and implementing policy to be given more scrutiny. This is not North Korea and it is right we hold our government to high standards. With power comes responsibility to deliver.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
no doubt at all they be another next year after the carnage comes with Truss tories will boot her out before next election IMHO
I predict she'll get through the full term.

I think what she's said and what she'll do may end up being a little different and she will edge us marginally closer to Europe (eg common veterinary standards, easier for some sectors to recruit from Europe) as this is a relatively painless way of taking some of the inflation out of the system.