View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 07:33   #368
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

This is an excellent example of what I was referring to when I mentioned posts that were malicious in nature and purposely designed to stir things up. The accusation is also very ironic, given that at one point you were running rings around a member with learning difficulties who has since stopped posting.

You didn't answer my question as to what it is that you feel you would be prevented from saying when Ofcom (or whoever) clamp down on innapropriate postings.

Everyone does indeed have a different approach to what is acceptable, which is why fully trained and impartial moderators (paid for by the sites) will look at reports and make a decision as to what action, if any, needs to be taken (whilst taking into account that they have a duty of care to their users, some who may have specific needs or problems). This could be anything from dismissing the complaint, to giving a word of advice, to varying sanctions right through to legal action.

Any party who felt aggrieved would be able to appeal to a higher body or take legal action themselves, but most people are reasonable and I expect that the majority will behave with good grace.

The vast majority of people manage to use the internet without trying or actually causing problems for other (often vulnerable, disadvantaged or minority groups) in any way.
Not so, Richard. Rather, this is an excellent demonstration of offence taken where none was intended.

I was merely pointing out that we should all practice what we preach.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote