View Single Post
Old 29-11-2022, 15:49   #4640
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't see why, the process you refer to is already in operation in some airports it would appear.

As I left Schipol, i.e. exiting the EU, I was directed into the same line as the EU, and used the facial biometric machine to scan me and my passport. I then walked forwards where a border guard stamped my passport, the EU passport holders just walked past him.

The use of the machines should actually speed things up, as long as there are enough of them and people know how to use them correctly.
We shall see. I would have thought it more effective to have one queue who needed passports stamping, fingerprints checking and biometrics and another one that didn't.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote