View Single Post
Old 18-11-2021, 21:01   #3100
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Is the au pair system "mass exploitation"? From my family's experience, the au pair received a weekly wage, was given free board and lodging and was pretty much part of the family.

For those who may post Google tales of exploitation, there are significant links that detail the contrary.
If there’s a childcare job there they can pay the minimum wage like everyone else. If there isn’t a job there then so be it.

I’m not going to have sympathy for them, even if I read about their desperation in the Guardian. If we want to have jobs undercut by cheap foreign labour then that isn’t Brexit.

We can’t pick and choose who we let in on the basis of what suits metropolitan elites.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote