View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 20:45   #638
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Pop! is swapping streams with Great! Romance, so the former is reducing its coverage. RXTV also has the Pop Max part as TBC, so that's not necessarily definite.
I guess they are finally seeing the mistake they made in their rush to move from mainstream multiplexes to the local ones. Cheaper, yes but lower coverage so less advertising revenue to fund the channels. I wonder if they are, or have been, lobbying for PSB funds for the kids content.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
That's mostly the Teleshopping segments you get, especially on late and early parts of major channels and the filler shopping channels you get in the lower (higher, depending on hiw you look at it) parts of the Sky Guide. The "bigger" ones in the UK are basically a studio, a British presenter or two discussing the products beside them, and then they cut to another part of the studio with the next category of items with the presenter of the next "show". And depending on the item, it can be things you can get on the high street. Last time I stumbled onto a channel (easy to do when on DTT) they were selling HP laptops.

I know what you mean though, there is a lot of complete drivel and tat.
I know they asset stripped IW and got out while it could still be sold as a going concern but I lost all faith in IW when the former backers of Bid TV got involved. A lot of former Bid presenters also ended up on IW and that really didn't give me any confidence in its long term future.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote