View Single Post
Old 13-01-2022, 11:39   #1236
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
So let me try and get this straight. You're saying the reason you easily take exception to comments and complain we're picking on you because you're disabled is a consequence of your disability so have you considered there could well be nothing wrong with the posts you don't like after all. Is this the same reason you're very quick to threaten forum members with legal action?

Before you start playing the disabled card when someone disagrees with your posts maybe you need to pause for a few minutes and ask yourself if they too have some form of disability that could be influenced by their own disabilities and that they may be doing the same as you and reading something in your posts that isn't there and so replying in a way you don't like but they may not be able to help it?
My disability has resulted, amongst other things, in cognitive issues, which I have previously acknowledged.

It is certainly possible that other contributors suffer from various disabilities that affect them and their resultant posts, in fact I have my suspicions that one or two have various conditions which they may not even be aware of themselves (yet).

As children are now more likely to have their conditions picked up at an early age, it isn't unknown for their parents to be diagnosed too. Many say that everything that they've experienced in life all clicks into place and they are relieved to find that it isn't their fault as they've always been told by teachers, employers, their peer group etc.

However, it isn't possible to take these into consideration if they do not declare that they have an issue.

I've said before that I used to think that one of the contributors to this thread was a deeply unpleasant individual, but since he declared that he is on the autistic spectrum, my view of him has changed and I try to be as sympathetic and helpful as I can be.

I have often used dementia as an example in my posts. Whilst I have no proper experience of this as an individual, I have had a taste if what it must feel like.

It's been claimed that about 50% of us will end our lives suffering from this condition; it must be heartbreaking for their loved ones to witness and maybe terrifying for the person themselves. Having episodes where you don't know who you are or where you are is frightening, not even knowing what you are is petrifying.

I'm interested to know how members would react to a long time member who started developing dementia (I think that it's unlikely that they would be capable of posting at all once it became very serious).

Would people be empathetic, helpful and kind, or would they view it as an ideal time to stick the boot in whilst sneering, belittling and humiliating them?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote